NOTE: All food and beverages were complimentary, but all opinions are based on my own personal experience.
L’Éclair de Génie has finally arrived in Vancouver on Robson Street and is the first boutique in North America. L’Éclair de Génie is a pastry concept started by renowned chef Christophe Adam. L’Éclair de Génie is adored worldwide with 25 boutiques throughout France, Japan, Hong Kong, Italy, and now here in Canada.
There are usually ten flavours of éclairs at the boutique with two new flavours rotating each month. The brightly lit éclair shop is great for take out but also offers some seating in the back and along the side of the wall.
Chef Christophe has dedicated the last 14 years to creating a chic snacking version of the French pastry landmark, the éclair. He flew in from Paris for the launch of the Vancouver store to share his passion for these delicious sweets.
During the media preview, we were able to sample the following flavours:
- Caramel Beurre Salé: salted caramel & mascarpone cream
- Vanille Pécan: vanilla cream & caramelized pecan
- Chocolat Grand Cru: chocolate cream
- Frambroise Passion: passionfruit cream, raspberry confit & fresh raspberries
- Sirop D’érable: maple cream
- Matcha Bambou: matcha cream & white chocolate
- Pistache Framboises: pistachio chantilly, raspberry confit, fresh raspberries & roasted pistachios
- Praliné Noisette: caramel mascarpone cream, hazelnut praline & caramelized hazelnuts
- Citron Yuzu: lemon yuzu cream & crispy merringue
- Vanille Framboise: vanilla cream, raspberry confit, fresh raspberries & white chocolate
The Sirop D’érable which features an exclusive I love Vancouver design has definitely been a hit for the Vancouverites. Filled with maple cream, the éclair is rich but not overly sweet due to its petite size.
My favourite éclairs were the Citron Yuzu, Framboise Passion, and Pistache Framboises since I tend to like sweet and sour sweets. The amount of filling for these éclairs are just the right amount and the presentation is absolutely beautiful. The sweets range from around $6 – $7.
Aside from éclairs, the boutique also offers a beautiful array of chocolates.
Pastries are also available, which along with the éclairs, pair perfectly with their coffee and tea selection.
Looking for a gift or to treat yourself? The boutique has a variety of take home sweets including caramelized almonds.
And how cute are these chocolate bars?
Overall, L’Éclair de Génie offers a delicious and beautiful variety of éclairs and I can’t wait to be back. It’s always great to have international boutiques opening up in Vancouver so we can too get a taste of these delicious pastries.
Chef Christophe Adam has also recently released his new cookbook: ÉCLAIRS Easy, Elegant & Modern Recipes. Check out my review on this step by step cookbook on making your own éclairs!
One thought on “L’Éclair de Génie”