NOTE: All food and beverages were complimentary, but all opinions are based on my own experience.
With the Christmas holidays over, Wild Sweets has moved on to the next holiday – Chinese New Year or also known as Lunar New Year. The new collection is available until February 4, 2017 or until supplies last.
2017 Year of the Rooster Chocolate Art Bouchées Series
Putting a twist to their Bouchées Series, Wild Sweets has reinvented the flavours to fit in with the lunar new year collection. They feature a cookie with caramel nut jam and a soft ganache made with different fruit-based liquid caramels. They are then enrobed in a bean-to-bar dark chocolate and topped with a beautiful almond paste disc with a rooster head design.
The collection features the following flavours:
- Lychee Longan Caramel Ganache, Sablé cookie & Black Sesame Nut Jam
- Mandarin Orange Caramel Ganache, Sablé cookie & Coconut Nut Jam
- Peach Persimmon Caramel Ganache, Sablé cookie & Almond Nut Jam
- Mango Green Tea Caramel Ganache, Sablé cookie & Peanut Nut Jam
2017 Lunar Limited Edition ‘Year of the Rooster’ Chocolate Art
The lunar new year collection of chocolates feature soft ganaches made with different fruit-based liquid caramels and contrasting textural elements. The collection features the following flavours:
- Chestnut Vanilla Bean Caramel Ganache & Organic roasted chestnuts
- Pomelo Fruit Caramel Ganache & Ginger Lemon Honey Nut Cream
- Apricot Vanilla Bean Caramel Ganache & Cubed Sticky Rice Cake
- Kumquat Orange Caramel Ganache & Citrus Honey Nut Cream
Crispy Biscuit Series
Many of their chocolates including the following below have also been re-designed and make perfect gifts for the lunar new year. They all come packaged in a beautiful box of four.
Caramel Nut Jam Series
Sablé Florentines Series
Fruit Macaron Series
During our media event, they also created a huge rooster display made entirely of chocolate. It’s just missing it’s eyes!
Overall, Wild Sweets has a great selection of gifts if you’re looking for something a little different this lunar new year. The sweets are a work of art with many items decorated or painted by hand. Plus, the beautiful red packaging makes it perfect for the occasion.